Friday, January 28, 2011

Cake Topper

So we have been trying to cross things off the wedding check list. Yesterday we decided to pick a temple and figure out how to make it silver. We had originally gotten a light up one but it was way too big and too heavy to use as a cake topper. So yesterday I was looking for a glass one and they are so expensive because they are glass blown. When Daniel came home from work I decided we should go look at quilted bear. That was an experience unto itself. Needless to say we found a ceramic temple for only $14. So then we went to Roberts to look for silver leafing. There were a couple options if we did it with the squares of silver leafing we would have to also buy adhesive and a sealer, so we did it with a paint that was made out of silver leafing that gave it the same shine and quality and looks like we had actually used sheets.
I am very impressed with how it turned out and happy that we could do it inexpensively.

2 comments:

mandy said...

way cool kristen!

Linsey Jackson said...

That's so pretty!! :) I had a Glass Draper Temple as our cake topper. TEmples as cake toppers are so pretty I think :) I wish I could've painted mine. but mine was like a clear glass.. wouldn't have been easy lol