Saturday, January 1, 2011

Texas


For Christmas Daniel bought me a ticket to fly to Texas and meet the family before the wedding. I had so much fun and began to feel better about moving there and relying on his family for support when we move out there. Texas is a lot different from Utah. Their roads for starters.... I couldn't get over how they had such large medians and how the lights were horizontal instead of vertical. It was nice to have many different ways to get somewhere to avoid traffic and such. I think it will be a little crazy learning the way around and getting my bearings without the mountains. When you are in Utah you rely heavily on which direction you are driving (North, South, East, West) they rely more on the map they have in their head or just knowing from prior experience. When he was driving around I tried not to be so passive as a passenger and be able to tell Daniel which direction we were headed.
On our way to see Clarksville, where he grew up and to stay with his sister in Texarkana, we stopped at the Dallas Temple, which was cool to se
e. Renea lives in Texarkana with her husband Justin and her son Kadin(9).

On our way back to Arlington, the sun hit just right and I looked and saw a gray hair in Daniel's head. I think it was just payback for making fun of Kim (his sister) for finding a gray hair.
I was kind and pulled it out for him. It was so long! He does have another one but it is hidden very well now that he is aware of it.
Renea is the oldest, next is Kim. She is married to Michael and they have 2 sons, Kevin(13) and Mason(8).

Daniel and me with his parents, Kevin and Carolyn
Pictured here is Renea in the back, then Kim, then Mason

4 comments:

mandy said...

looks like some good times! daniel needs a shave

CailĂ­n said...

You were gone for a week and this is all we got?!

Maren said...

i am very glad to hear that you are feeling better about moving texas... it is nice to have you home but is also nice to know that you aren't going to just be "out there" and that you get along with his family so well :) I will miss you but it will be good and I will visit! It is gonna be a good year for the two of ya! I am excited!
P.S. super cute pictures... i also like the one renee posted on facebook of the 4 of you.

Corey Wilkey said...

i too am sad to hear that you are happier about moving to texas! but i am so excited for you too! Kristen! AH! I love you!